Written by The Fourtuitous Ladies
In the summer months, so many of us look forward to get-aways to help us relax and recharge. Sometimes, though, the smallest things close to home bring us the most peace. In the midst of our transitions, each of us has been given so many little things that make us pause and fill us with gratitude. We asked ourselves, “is there anything better than…” and this is the list we made:
Is there anything better than . . .
- The words: “I’ll take care of that.”
- Being your daughter’s friend. No one knows how to share life’s experiences better.
- The smell of your baby’s hair: no perfume can duplicate it; it’s that gossamer mixture of baby shampoo and the scent of summer fields.
- An unexpected kindness or loving gesture just when you need it
- The smell of onions and celery sauteing in butter, the aroma of holiday prep.
- An acceptance letter!
- The first peach of the season
- Iced tea out of a mason jar
- Waking in the morning and realizing, “Everyone slept through the night!”
- The smell of earth after a summer storm that washed away oppressive heat
- A homegrown tomato, ripe and bright red, sliced and sprinkled with glistening flecks of salt.
The little white web of skin between your fingers that shows just how tan you really are
Finish our list with one of your own. Share it with us, too! And enjoy the moment without airfare or bags to pack (and unpack) or itineraries to make.